GSK Consumer Healthcare Press Release - Feb 3, 2015
03 February 2015
New Delhi, February 03, 2015
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Ltd defies slowdown to declare best in class 16% growth for Q3, FY 2014-15
- Sales rise by 16%
- Profits up by 21%
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Limited today declared its financial results for the third quarter ended December 31, 2014.
Net sales at Rs. 975 crores recorded a growth of 16% over 2013 with PAT at Rs. 96 crores growing by 21% for the same period and PBT at Rs. 147 crores growing by 21%.
Commenting on the results, Mr. Zubair Ahmed, Managing Director, GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Limited said, “Despite the category slowdown, we are delighted to show the strongest growth in the FMCG sector in the quarter. This is a clear sign of the consumer acceptance of our products based on high science. Category leader Horlicks is now joined by Boost as the top three HFD chosen by the consumers. Science, innovation, strong distribution and consumer insight based communication remain our growth levers, enabling us to drive growth while we continue to our consumers to do more, feel better and live longer.”
- Health Food Drinks (HFD) business consistently grew at an all-India level
- Amongst the regions, West has been the frontrunner clocking double digit growth followed by East.
- The rural business has grown well despite category slowdown due to macroeconomic challenges
Health Food Drinks
- Our health drink portfolio continues to be a market leader with 58.0% (Value share) and 65.9% (Volume share) – (MAT Dec, 2014)
- Horlicks and Boost among the top 3 HFD brands
- Horlicks at 46.3% Value share and 52.2%Volume share(MAT Dec, 2014)
- Boost at 11.3% Value share and 13.2%Volume share (MAT Dec, 2014)
- Horlicks Oats continues its growth momentum on the back of focused market inputs, strong market display and distribution gains
- Horlicks Biscuits continues to be the market leader in the milk biscuits segment in East and 3 states of South
About GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Ltd
GSK Consumer Healthcare is a subsidiary of GlaxoSmithKline plc. of U.K, a global science based healthcare company. GSK Consumer Healthcare has continually benefited from the technical and marketing inputs that have been available as a consequence of this association. GSK Consumer Healthcare is the largest player in the health food drinks industry. The Company with its manufacturing plants located in Nabha, Rajahmundry and Sonepat has a total workforce of about 3502 people.
GSK Consumer Healthcare has a strong marketing and distribution network in India comprising over 700 distributors and a direct coverage of over 8 lakh retail outlets. Its flagship product, Horlicks, is a widely regarded and highly respected brand for over 100 years. GSK also manufactures and markets Boost, Viva and Maltova and in additional markets. GSK also distributes a number of products in diverse categories, which include prominent names such as Eno, Crocin and Iodex as well as products from the global portfolio like Parodontax and Sensodyne.
Sakshi Mathur: email@example.com | +91 9999007585
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare
Deepa Dey firstname.lastname@example.org