GSK Consumer Healthcare August 06
06 August 2014
New Delhi, August 06, 2014
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Ltd records 8% growth
for Q1, FY 2015
Sales rise by 8 %
Profits up by 9 %
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Limited today declared its financial results for the first quarter ended June 30, 2014. Net sales at Rs 922 crores recorded a growth of 8% over 2013 with PAT at Rs. 130 crores growing by 9% for the same period and PBT at Rs 198 crores growing by 9%.
Commenting on the results, Mr. Zubair Ahmed, Managing Director, GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Limited said, “We are proud to deliver consistent growth ahead of the category. This is significant in a scenario where consumption pattern is being impacted by inflation. Our sciences based products with its superior value, continue to remain relevant for our large consumer base. As a market leader we are also growing the category with successful launches of new products which are driving up consumption experiences. Our focused access strategy ensures that consumption and penetration has been the enabler for growth. Customer driven innovations and clutter breaking marketing based on sharp consumer insights will continue to be our driving force in the coming months to bring in more consumers closer to the product.”
- Growth has been consistent in all categories at an all-India level led by West Region
- Rural business grew on the back of coverage expansion as well as strong activation
- Modern Trade is growing double digit as per plan
- Innovative techniques and integration of science has helped in expanding coverage and building a strong product pipeline
- Insight based communication for increasing relevance for the end consumer
Health Food Drinks
- Health drink portfolio continues to be a market leader with 57.5% (Value share) and 65.1% (Volume share) – (MAT June, 2014).
- Food business delivered strong performance across North and West regions
- Horlicks Oats grew in markets across all regions
- Horlicks Biscuits continues to be the market leader in the milk biscuits segment in East
In a recent addition to the Board of Directors, Sangeeta Talwar has been appointed as an Independent Director in casual vacancy created by the resignation of Ireena Vittal.
About GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Ltd
GSK Consumer Healthcare is a subsidiary of GlaxoSmithKline plc. of U.K, a global science based healthcare company. GSK Consumer Healthcare has continually benefited from the technical and marketing inputs that have been available as a consequence of this association. GSK Consumer Healthcare is the largest player in the health food drinks industry. The Company with its manufacturing plants located in Nabha, Rajahmundry and Sonepat has a total workforce of about 3500 people.
GSK Consumer Healthcare has a strong marketing and distribution network in India comprising over 700 distributors and a direct coverage of over 8 lakh retail outlets. Its flagship product, Horlicks, is a widely regarded and highly respected brand for over 100 years. GSK also manufactures and markets Boost, Viva and Maltova and in additional markets. GSK also distributes a number of products in diverse categories, which include prominent names such as Eno, Crocin and Iodex as well as products from the global portfolio like Parodontax and Sensodyne.
Sakshi Mathur: email@example.com | +91 9999007585
Ekta Chauhan: firstname.lastname@example.org | +919999380178
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare
Deepa Dey email@example.com