Final Press Release- May 8, 2015
08 May 2015
New Delhi, May 08, 2015
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Ltd records high annual growth
for the period ended on March 31, 2015
AUDITED RESULTS HIGHLIGHTS
Quarter 4 Results- January 01 2015 – March 31, 2015
- Sales, PBT and PAT grew by 8%, 14.3% and 14.6% respectively.
- Science and innovation continues to boost growth and performance
- Performance driven by market penetration, greater access to products and cost efficiency
Annual Results- April 01, 2014- March 31, 2015
- Sales, PBT and PAT for the 12 month period were Rs 4136.4 Cr, Rs 889.1 Cr & Rs 583.6 Cr respectively
- The Board recommended a total Dividend of Rs 55
- Strong results despite market slowdown
- Base Horlicks and Women’s Horlicks built the positive growth momentum
- Boost continues to be in Top 3 HFD brands
FY 15 audited accounts are for 12 months and are not comparable with FY 14 audited accounts, as FY 14 were made for 15 months to have a uniform financial year as required by Company Act 2013
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Limited today declared its audited financial results for the twelve month period ended on March 31, 2015. Net Sales, PBT and PAT for the twelve month ended March 31, 2015 were Rs. 4136.4 Crores, Rs. 889.1 Crores and Rs. 583.6 Crores respectively.
The Board of Directors of the Company also recommended a Dividend at the rate of Rs. 55 per equity share of Rs. 10 each for the 12 month period ended March 31, 2015.
Commenting on the results, Mr. Zubair Ahmed, Managing Director, GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Limited said, “We are proud to be one of the few companies in the FMCG sector to register strong growth every quarter. Our robust financial performance comes on the back of our relentless focus on products that are differentiated by high science and innovation and are propelled through our robust distribution in urban and rural markets. Two of our products are among the top three brands in Hot Food Drinks segment. Horlicks remains the market leader, driving growth for the category even in difficult times. Boost has retained its position and is among the Top 3 HFD brand in India. This clearly demonstrates that our customers have faith and trust in our brands regardless of market slowdown. It is this confidence that drives us ahead.”
- Category driven momentum across regions, especially South
- Modern Trade delivered prominent growth
- Innovative and high science has helped in building a strong product pipeline
- Consumer focused communication continued to build relevance
Health Food Drinks
- Our health drink portfolio continues to be a market leader with 58% (Value share) and 66% (Volume share) – (MAT March, 2015)
- Horlicks and Boost among the top 3 HFD brands
- Horlicks at 46.6% Value share and 52.6%Volume share(MAT March, 2015)
- Boost at 11.3% Value share and 13.4%Volume share (MAT March, 2015)
- Base Horlicks garnered large scale in-market visibility execution across regions
- Women’s Horlicks created high impact that was driven through bone health communication,
- Lite Horlicks generated prominent visibility through new packaging and thematic communications
- Food business grew on the back of focused strong market displays, distribution and consumer activation
About GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Ltd
GSK Consumer Healthcare Ltd is the category leader in Indian health food drinks industry. Our flagship product Horlicks leads the market, while Boost is among the top three health food drink brands that India prefers. Our manufacturing plants are located in Nabha, Rajahmundry and Sonepat. In India we have an engaged workforce of over 3500 employees. GSK also markets and distributes a range of everyday health products such as Eno, Crocin, Iodex and Sensodyne. Our marketing and distribution network comprises over 700 distributors and a direct coverage of over 8 lakh retail outlets.
GSK Consumer Healthcare Ltd is an associate of GlaxoSmithKline plc.of U.K, one of world’s largest consumer healthcare companies. We have a heritage that goes back over 160 years. Our purpose is to help more people around the world to do more, feel better and live longer with everyday healthcare products. Our goal is to build a global, growing business - we call a Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare (FMCH) company - dedicated to everyday healthcare with all of the scientific expertise and quality guarantees that demands, working at the speed and with the genuine consumer understanding the modern world expects.
GSK Consumer Healthcare globally owns some of the world’s best loved healthcare brands, successful in over 100 countries. These include Sensodyne, Voltaren, Theraflu, Paradontax, Panadol, Polident, Otrivin, Horlicks and Physiogel.
Divya Bakhshi: Divya.email@example.com / +91 9899888643
Kuheli Ray: Kuheli.firstname.lastname@example.org /+91 9999783541
M Sindhu: email@example.com /+91 9899428304
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare
Deepa Dey: firstname.lastname@example.org