GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Q2 Results
06 November 2015
New Delhi, Nov 06 2015
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Ltd records 37% profit growth for Q2, FY 2016
- Gross Sales rise by 5%
- Profits up by 37 %
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Limited today declared its financial results for the second quarter ended September 30, 2015. Gross sales at Rs 1191 crores recorded a growth of 5% off set by phasing out of fiscal benefits with PAT at Rs. 219 crores growing by 37% for the same period and PBT at Rs 337 crores growing by 38%.
Commenting on the results, Manoj Kumar, Managing Director, GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Limited said,
“Our financial performance has been consistent which exhibits consumer confidence in our brands. We continue to gain share in the HFD category as a result of the focus around our consumer connect marketing initiatives, thereby increasing our market presence and penetration. Our value engineering efforts led us to achieve cost efficiencies and drove profitability”.
“We have observed that the inflation rates have been low in the past few quarters and consumer confidence is gradually on the rise. Our commitment towards developing products based on high science and innovation has always been our differentiator. This enables us to expand our consumer base, build a robust pipeline of products at affordable price points; thereby empowering our consumers to do more feel better and live longer.” he added.
- Access agenda continues to succeed and drive growth
- Strong extensions programmes driving scientific credentials to the consumers across the brands
- Growth on the back of consumer communication on cold consumption and bone health
- Other operating income/auxiliary income grew by 31%
Health Food Drinks
- Our health drink portfolio continues to be a market leader with 58.8% (Value share) and 66.8% (Volume share) – (MAT Sep, 2015)
- Horlicks and Boost among the top 3 HFD brands
- Horlicks at 46.9 % Value share and 53.1 % Volume share(MAT Sep, 2015)
- Boost at 11.5 % Value share and 13.3 % Volume share (MAT Sep, 2015)
- Horlicks continued to drive daily consumption in core markets by activating- “Drink Daily, Grow Daily” and “Power of Milk”
- Boost registered robust growth owing to in-market visibility execution and trade engagement
About GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Ltd
GSK Consumer Healthcare Ltd is the category leader in Indian health food drinks industry. Our flagship product Horlicks leads the market, while Boost is among the top three health food drink brands that India prefers. Our manufacturing plants are located in Nabha, Rajahmundry and Sonepat. In India we have an engaged workforce of over 3500 employees. GSK also markets and distributes a range of everyday health products such as Eno, Crocin, Iodex and Sensodyne. Our marketing and distribution network comprises over 700 distributors and a direct coverage of over 8 lakh retail outlets.
GSK Consumer Healthcare Ltd is an associate of GlaxoSmithKline plc.of U.K, one of world’s largest consumer healthcare companies. We have a heritage that goes back over 160 years. Our purpose is to help more people around the world to do more, feel better and live longer with everyday healthcare products. Our goal is to build a global, growing business - we call a Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare (FMCH) company - dedicated to everyday healthcare with all of the scientific expertise and quality guarantees that demands, working at the speed and with the genuine consumer understanding the modern world expects.
GSK Consumer Healthcare globally owns some of the world’s best loved healthcare brands, successful in over 100 countries. These include Sensodyne, Voltaren, Theraflu, Paradontax, Panadol, Polident, Otrivin, Horlicks and Physiogel.
Rikhil Seth: firstname.lastname@example.org / +91 9811818270
Kuheli Ray: email@example.com /+91 9999783541
M Sindhu: firstname.lastname@example.org /+91 9899428304
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare
Deepa Dey: email@example.com